Sunday, November 20

Great Day

It was just 28 degrees yesterday morning when the fourth annual Gingerbread Run began in Nashville's Centennial Park. But, the sun was shining brightly, the event was well-organized, and I was ready for a PR. I probably saved way, way, way too much--knowing that in the afternoon I was going to attempt to do a mid-range long run. I had tons left at the finish. But I got the PR. I had to do some serious calculating since it turned out this was a three-mile race rather than a 5K--but, I smashed my previous PR, so there was no room for doubt.

So far, so good.

After a luxurious hour reading the New York Times at Starbucks, I stopped by Team Nashville's West End store to pick up some PowerStep inserts and Mizuno gloves before heading over to my regular Saturday lunch haunt, Judge Bean's. Then it was back to Franklin to do a bit of grocery shopping.

Things were looking awesome.

Finally, I got home and caught a little football (how 'bout those Vandy 'Dores beating UT) before I hit the road for another ten miles of slow steady pacing.

I was starting to feel pretty wonderful

And then, to top it all off, my parents stopped in for the evening--on their way from their home in St. Louis to Florida for a Thanksgiving holiday family gathering. After some quick catching up we had a delightful dinner at my son's restaurant. The food was fabulous, the company was better, and we got home at a decent hour.

What a great day.