Tuesday, November 15

Diagnosis

Just this week two dear friends and a distance-learning student have been diagnosed with cancer. Another dear friend has biopsy results pending. I confess, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Cancer is a dread disease. At the same time, these turns of events, these hard providences reinforce my determination to make my St. Jude Marathon run in two weeks really count for something.

Since it was founded in the sixties, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis has increased the survival rate of the most common forms of childhood cancer from less than twenty percent to more than eighty percent! The discoveries and breakthroughs made at St. Jude are immediately and freely shared with the international medical community. Thus, the few dollars I can raise for their vital work can literally have an impact all around the world.

Won't you help me stand with my dear friends and with the good folks at St. Jude in finding more and better treatments, more and better therapies, more and better certainties for men, women, and children everywhere? Please support my run on December 3, 2005. Visit my st. jude sponsor site and pledge right online. Thank you so much.