Friday, November 18

Gingerbread 5K

It is cold. Tomorrow morning at 7:30 it is going to be even colder. Nevertheless, I am running in Nashville's Gingerbread 5K, a fundraiser for the American Stroke Association and the Vanderbilt Hospital Rehabilitation Center. On Thanksgiving morning, I'll also run in the Habitrot 5K, a benefit for our local Habitat for Humanity. In both cases, I am really just trying to do a little speed work to supplement my final few long runs in preparation for the St. Jude Marathon two weekends from now. Good causes and good training runs.

If you've not yet had the chance, you can still lend support to my running efforts. Visit my st. jude sponsor site and pledge right online. I'm getting close to my goal of $2,500 for cancer research and patient care at the remarkable St. Jude Children's Hospital.