Monday, September 19

Running in Narnia

Before I ran this morning, I loaded the BBC audio productions of the Narnia novels onto my new Nano iPod. Even though it has been a couple of years since I last read the books, I have read them so many times that I actually wondered if I would really enjoy them on the run. No need to worry. Lewis had me from the first chapter. I was not disappointed in the least. Of course, I started with The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (the first book by Jack's reckoning) rather than The Magician's Nephew (the first book in the newer editions thanks to some pusillanimous publishing fiat). I didn't have time today for the full-length long run I had planned. But the 8 miles I did get in were made all the more fruitful by Jack's virtuosity. I am looking forward to running in Narnia for the next couple of weeks.