Saturday, September 10

Plan B

I had a perfect plan for a perfect day. But I ran afoul of the plan almost from the start.

I was going to head out for a long run right after breakfast and my quiet time--but, I was so enthralled by my study in Acts that I was chasing down cross-references almost until 10. Then, I was going to finish some of the background reading I've been doing for the book I'm writing on America's founding era--but, I wound up at a Starbucks talking with a friend for more than an hour and a half. I was going to have a smoothie for lunch and then buckle down for an afternoon of writing--but, I called my son and we decided to have some Chinese and then spend the afternoon together. I was going to have a salad for dinner and then head on over to Belmont for an evening 5K run--but, I decided to catch a little football on the tube instead. Just as it was about to get dark, I thought I'd go out for a nice slow walk--but, I got the bug to run; I changed into my running gear and took off for a nice 5 mile run. With my new nanoPod loaded with some David Wilcox tunes, a gorgeous sunset shimmering on the horizon, and a cool breeze blowing through the trees, I hit a quick stride at about 9 minutes a mile. I finished in the pitch dark, exhilarated.

Plan A was shot all to pieces. But, at every step along the way Plan B was better anyway!