Friday, September 9

Just a Little

There is nothing quite like an early run on a cool morning to get a day started off right. I had a very full schedule from first thing in the morning to just after lunch--one meeting after another; several of them sure to be more than a little intense. So, even though I knew I was going to be time crunched, I hit the pavement for about 20 minutes. Boy, am I ever glad I did. Running is a great stress buster. It buoys my spirit. It settles my nerves. And it helps me put so much of the worrying circumstances of life into proper perspective. So, even though I only got in a few stretches, some walking, and about two miles at a gentle pace, those twenty minutes were the best investment I could have made this morning (excluding my quiet time in the Word and a brimming cup of Peet's).