Thursday, October 10

The St. Jude Memphis Marathon


In just a few weeks I will be running the St. Jude Marathon in Memphis. Once again, I will be running the 26.2 miles for a very special cause. I will be raising funds for essential cancer research. If you'd like to make a pledge, you can do so online right here on my St. Jude fundraising site. My goal is to raise $1000 for St. Jude Children's Hospital this year. Won't you help?

The reason I picked St. Jude as the focus of my fundraising efforts is actually very simple to explain: this nationally renowned children's charity hospital is one of the most remarkable and effective medical research institutions anywhere in the world. St. Jude has treated children from across the United States and from more than 70 foreign countries. And yet ability to pay is never an issue because St. Jude is the only pediatric research center where families never pay for treatment not covered by insurance, and families without insurance are never asked to pay. Not one penny! Not ever! Zip! Zilch! Nada!

The treatment of children and the onging research at St. Jude includes work in bone marrow transplantation, chemotherapy, the biochemistry of normal and cancerous cells, radiation treatment, blood diseases, resistance to therapy, viruses, hereditary diseases, infectious diseases, and psychological effects of catastrophic illnesses. Vital work, indeed. And again, always made available to families regardless of their financial means.

Obviously, this kind of care is very expensive. Won't you help me support the remarkable ministry of St. Jude to children and families battling cancer? Please donate now and come back to visit my St. Jude site often. Tell others about what I'm trying to do. Learn how my effort to help find cures and save lives is going. I need your support to help me reach my fundraising goal for the kids of St. Jude. Oh yes, and do pray for my training!

It costs $1.8 million a day to operate St. Jude. Did you know that 70% of the funds come from the folks like you and me? That means your donation, no matter what the size, will help!

How your donation helps:

  • Thanks to ordinary volunteers and donors like us, no family ever pays St. Jude for anything, including lodging, food and travel.
  • St. Jude will continue to improve treatment of childhood cancer and other deadly diseases through its groundbreaking research.
  • For every child treated at St. Jude, thousands more have been saved worldwide through St. Jude discoveries.

Thank you so much for your support!