Monday, November 27

St. Jude Countdown: 5

I am now down to the last few days before the St. Jude Marathon in Memphis. My training has gone well and now I am in my taper. I am also keeping an eye on weather. We've had spectacular temperatures and glorious weather all through the Thanksgiving holidays. But, it looks as if that is about to change rather dramatically. A cold front starts blowing through tomorrow. By Saturday, we should have clear skies again. But, temperatures could be in the twenties for the start of the race. Yikes! So, I am preparing accordingly.

Of course, the whole reason I do this is to raise awareness and finances for the Memphis hospital that has done more than any other single institution to pioneer new treatments for children's cancer. So, won't you help me support the remarkable ministry of St. Jude to children and families battling cancer? I won't even ask you to run with me! Just donate to the cause and come back to visit my st. jude sponsor site often. Tell others about what I'm trying to do. Learn how my effort to help find cures and save lives is going. Oh yes, and do pray for the final stretch of my training!