Saturday, November 18

Lance Says Thanks

Check out the following e-mail thread between Lance Armstrong and his publicity rep at Nike (it was posted this past week on Lance's site after he finished the NYC Marathon):

From: Lance Armstrong
To: Scott M. (Nike)
Sent: Nov 5, 2006 2:48 PM
Subject: Idea
What do you say we buy a full-page ad & say thanks to all the NYCers for coming out and supporting? I couldn't have done it without them.

From: Scott M. (Nike)
To: Lance Armstrong
Sent: Nov 5, 2006 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: Idea
Checking on it. What would you want to say?

From: Lance Armstrong
To: Scott M. (Nike)
Sent: Nov 5, 2006 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Idea
Was thinking that we should thank the city for being so supportive of ALL the runners. For a big city to show that is unreal. It would be the only reason I would come back. They were AMAZING.

From: Scott M. (Nike)
To: Lance Armstrong
Sent: Nov 5, 2006 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Idea
I think we can do it. I'll let you know for sure. BTW, how do you feel?

From: Lance Armstrong
To: Scott M. (Nike)
Sent: Nov 5, 2006 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Idea
I'm dead. Hardest physical thing I've ever done. Try your best to make this happen. No way I would have crossed the finish line without the cheering. I owe them.