Saturday, March 18

Halfway There

The Tom King Classic couldn't have been run under better conditions. Blue skies and sunshine greeted the three thousand participants first thing this morning--with temperatures in the thirties and forties. The mostly flat course through the Shelby Bottoms in East Nashville was beautiful and the finish in the Titans Stadium was spectacular. I was able to keep a good 9-9:30 pace until mile ten. Then I started to fall apart. That really wasn't a surprise given the amount of training time I've been able to log--but, I was disappointed when I realized that I wouldn't be able to keep that pace all the way to the end.

That said, I had a blast. And it was a good guage of where I am in my preparation for the Country Music Marathon at the end of April. I've got lots of work to do. But, I think it is within reach--I'm at least halfway there.