Saturday, September 16

Marathon Countdown: 2

After a week of fitful rest and noxious medicine, I am better. I'm still a little woozy and wheezy. If I have attempted almost anything at all during the day, by evening I am worn to a frazzle. And of course, I have not run in a week.

So, if it were not obvious before, I am not going to be able to run the Endurance 50 Marathon in Memphis on Monday, alas.

Oh well. Que sera, sera. I am going to go to Memphis this afternoon anyway. I will volunteer at the race, visit some friends, eat some good barbeque, and get myself ready for the upcoming Uttermost (the website for that event is almost ready to debut).

I still have most of my conditioning, so I don't think it will be too difficult to get myself ready for that--though I am more concerned about the bike portions than I was prior to this little setback.