Wednesday, February 1

Cold and Dark

At the beginning of the week it didn't look like I would get a chance to do any training until maybe Friday--and then only maybe. My schedule is just wall-to-wall-to-wall commitments--I generally leave home long before sunrise and I don't get back until well after nightfall. I do love what I am called to do. But, the very thought of missing all my training opportunities was starting to make me really miserable--to say nothing of what it was doing to everyone else around me!

So, I decided to do something drastic. I got up at 4:30 AM, bundled up, and headed out for a short run. It was cold and dark--but, I felt so much better afterward. I don't want to make a habit of this sort of thing, but I was starting to get desperate. I'll do just about anything, I guess, to get in my five miles.