Friday, February 3

Brutish and Short

For the first time in weeks, I was able to set aside sufficient time for a long run this afternoon. I decided to try to tackle my "hills course." Big mistake. Out of shape, tired from the hectic pace of the past month or so, and stressed from a long morning of meetings, I just about died on the first major incline. I stuck with it for almost two hours--but was only able to go about ten brutish miles.

I do get a chance to squeeze in a 5K race in the morning. It is actually the Team Nashville Ten-Miler, but because I have a big budget meeting later in the morning, I am going to try to just run the first three or so and then dash back across town to make it to my meeting. Not ideal, but at least I'll have a chance to catch up a bit with the Nashville running community.