Thursday, June 15

RC-Moon Pie

The 12th annual RC-Moon Pie Festival is this weekend in Bell Buckle, Tennessee. Besides all the ingenious crafts, the great food, the fun music, and various countrified-shenanigans, every year the Bell Buckle Chamber of Commerce hosts a hot and hilly 10-mile run.

Alas, I have not been able to prepare a great deal for this rather grueling event. I did get in a good 8-mile training run on Monday. But, I was traveling out of town all day Tuesday and had meetings all day Wednesday. So, I just slipped in a quick 3-miler this morning and decided to leave it at that. That means I will most assuredly have to run a Galloway strategy--probably with a 4-1-4 ratio. Even that will likely test my physical limits.

Despite that, I have to say that I am really looking forward to the experience. There is just about no other run that I enjoy more than this one. And besides, Karen and I get to spend the weekend in the delightful Mingle House B&B, eat at the amazing Bell Buckle Cafe, and enjoy the town's impeccable Southern hospitality.