Saturday, June 16

Dragging Across

Well, thanks to my friend Dave Minnigan, I actually made it in to the finish line in downtown Bell Buckle this morning. But, he practically had to drag me. My allergies or cold or whatever this lingering sickness is, combined with general fatigue from three weeks of constant travel, added to a lack of training during the past two months made for a rather ugly race. I walked a lot. Dave walked with me, bless him!

I have to say, despite really laboring physically and a time twenty minutes slower than I've ever gone in this race, I still had fun. Being with Dave was great. The atmosphere is always a hoot. And the weather was glorious--yes, it was warm, but the breeze was pretty constant.

I've already made reservations for next year at the Mingle House B&B where Karen and I stay every year.